Are you hungry for history and for tasting delicious food?
Let’s have a mix of tastings, stories and culture hints that you’ll love!
Discover a city that has trade in its heart while eating at a 200 years old inn.
Taste some of the most popular Romanian food.
See contrasts between buildings and talk about changes between “then” and now.
We will walk through the Bucharest Old Town and see top attractions of Bucharest city center:
- Established in 1724, Stavropoleos Church is one of the main attractions in the capital due to its peacefulness and beautiful arhitecture.
- Hanul lui Manuc, the big old inn near the Dambovita river bank where the merchants met will tell you about historic moments that took place here.
- With its beautiful facade, CEC Palace will share the story of the most trusted and safest bank during the 1900’s period.
- During a walk on Calea Victoriei the old buildings will whisper their stories.
And near the end of our journey, you will taste one of the best coffees in Eastern Europe.
You will discover Romanian culture and habits through our food while we will stop for various bites and drinks and stories along the way.
The tour offers not only tastings but also completes some pieces of the history puzzle:
• How Bucharest became the capital
• When Bucharest trade blossomed and lots of inns appeared in the Old Town
• Learn about Romanian cuisine and Romanian customs
• How the city evolved in what it is today: a hub for specialty coffee!
Let the culture and stories of the city surprise you!
This is a light walking tour which is suitable for all ages and combines history with delicious food tastings. Families with children are welcome.
Note that all the tastings are carefully chosen so that they equal a full meal.
Details about the food stops:
At our first stop we will have tastings in a historical building: a 200 years old inn. Discovering Romanian cuisine will get along very well with historical moments that happened in this place.
At our second stop we will go to a place that it is said to have the best papanaşi in town. But before trying the dessert, we’ll first have some Romanian cheeses that some say can compete with the more tempting French or Italian cheeses.
And at our third stop you will enjoy a specialty coffee while sharing Romanian habits about coffee.
Use your senses! Savor both the food and the experience among friends for a couple of hours.
Enjoy and have fun!
Please be aware that we cannot reserve seats in advance for one of the stops as this location it’s a small, modern and urban space.
What is included:
• A full meal with food and drinks with most popular Romanian food: a digestive drink, various veggies, meat and cheese platters, papanaşi – a traditional dessert, water and a specialty coffee.
• Tasting bites alongside along cultural and historical stories
• A glimpse on top attractions in Bucharest: Stavropoleos Monastery, CEC building, Hanul lui Manuc, Calea Victoriei, Cărtureşti Carusel, Curtea Domnească (The Old Court)
• Professional services from a certified, local guide
What is not included:
• Additional food and drinks
• Personal shopping and souvenirs
Families with children are welcome.
Meeting point: corner of Starbucks with Caldarari street (Unirii Square) Bucharest.
Nearest bus/metro stops: Unirii metro is 2 minutes walking distance
Bus no. 104, 123, 124, 385 stops nearby
Drop off: Lipscani street in the Old Town
Although we do our best to accommodate special needs (diet or allergies), Romanian gastronomy is packed with meat, flour and dairy products. Where possible, in case of allergies, we replace the products with other choices.
Please make sure you mention in the booking form any allergies that you are aware of.
Some of our tours might suffer small changes on stops and tastings depending on bank holidays, special events or winter holidays and products availability.
Instant booking confirmation
We make it as easier as possible for you. Availability of our standard tours is always updated on our calendar.
Select your tour. Fill in the name, email address, details of the desired tour and press Book Now, you only need to add the billing details and pay through our trusted partner MobilPay.
Once you pay, we automatically confirm your seat.
100% secured booking through MobilPay
You don’t need to have a MobilPay account to make a payment. Just fill in the card data and MobilPay will process the payment.
The payment will be processed in Romanian Currency. That is why when you fill in the data, you will see the equivalent in RON for the EUR price.
|Meeting point||Corner of Starbucks with Caldarari street (Unirii Square)|
|Availability||All year long|
|Duration||Around 4 hours|
|Language||English, Spanish – On request|
|Max. no. of guests||12|
|Starts at||Usually starts at 11:00 local time|
|Walking distance||Around 2.5 km/2 miles|