When the sun comes down it’s the best time for history and for tasting delicious food.
Discover a city that has trade in its heart while eating at a 200 years old inn.
Taste some of the most popular Romanian food.
See contrasts between buildings and talk about changes between “then” and now.
We will walk through the Bucharest Old Town and its neighborhoods and see top attractions in the city center:
• Established in 1724, Stavropoleos Church is one of the main attractions in the capital due to its peacefulness and beautiful arhitecture.
• Hanul lui Manuc, the big old inn near the Dambovita river bank where the merchants met will tell you about historic moments that took place here.
• With its beautiful facade, CEC Palace will share the story of the most trusted and safest bank during the 1900’s period.
• During a walk on Calea Victoriei the old buildings will whisper their stories.
And near the end of our journey, you will taste one of the best cocktails created right on the spot.
You will discover Romanian culture and habits through our food while we will stop for various bites and drinks and stories along the way.
The tour offers not only tastings but also completes some pieces of the history puzzle:
• How Bucharest became the capital
• When Bucharest trade blossomed and lots of inns appeared in the Old Town
• Learn about Romanian cuisine and Romanian customs
• How the city evolved in what it is today: a lively city!
Details about the food stops:
At our first stop we will have tastings in a historical building: a 200 years old inn. Discovering Romanian cuisine will get along very well with historical moments that happened in this place.
At our second stop what shall we try? You’ll just have to wait and see…
And at our third stop you will enjoy a cocktail created right on the spot that will boost your senses.
Use your senses! Savor both the food and the experience among friends for a couple of hours.
Enjoy and have fun!
Please be aware that we cannot reserve seats in advance for some of the stops as they are more of a walk-in seating only places.
This is a light walking tour which combines history with delicious food tastings.
Note that all the tastings are carefully chosen so that they equal a full meal.
This tour is not available on Mondays.
Meeting point: corner of Starbucks with Caldarari street (Unirii Square) Bucharest.
Nearest bus/metro stops: Unirii metro is 2 minutes walking distance
Bus no. 104, 123, 124, 385 stops nearby
Drop off: Lipscani street in the Old Town
What is included:
• A full meal with some of the most popular Romanian food, a digestive drink, water and a cocktail
• Tasting bites alongside along cultural and historical stories
• A glimpse on top attractions in Bucharest: Stavropoleos Monastery, CEC building, Hanul lui Manuc, Calea Victoriei, Cărtureşti Carusel, Curtea Domnească (The Old Court)
• Professional services from a certified, local guide
What is not included:
• Additional food and drinks
• Personal shopping and souvenirs
Although we do our best to accommodate special needs (diet or allergies), Romanian gastronomy is packed with meat, flour and dairy products. Where possible, in case of allergies, we replace the products with other choices.
Please make sure you mention in the booking form any allergies that you are aware of.
Some of our tours might suffer small changes on stops and tastings depending on bank holidays, special events or winter holidays and products availability.
Instant booking confirmation
We make it as easier as possible for you. Availability of our standard tours is always updated on our calendar.
Select your tour. Fill in the name, email address, details of the desired tour and press Book Now, you only need to add the billing details and pay through our trusted partner MobilPay.
Once you pay, we automatically confirm your seat.
100% secured booking through MobilPay
You don’t need to have a MobilPay account to make a payment. Just fill in the card data and the payment will be processed by MobilPay.
The payment will be processed in Romanian Currency. That is why when you fill in the data, you will see the equivalent in RON for the EUR price.
|Meeting point||Corner of Starbucks with Caldarari street (Unirii Square)|
|Availability||All year long|
|Duration||Around 4 hours|
|Language||English, Spanish – On request|
|Max. no. of guests||12|
|Walking distance||Around 2.5 km/2 miles|